Repairs versus write off

My car was worth 8800-9000 pounds pre accident. The garage has costed repairs at 4560 and I also need a car to drive while awaiting the repair. My concern is this. I have insurance and Gap insurance which means I should have the full cost of the pre accident value of the car, but the engineer has decided it is damaged repairable. I'm concerned with the valu then of the car should I decide to sell it on. Do I have any right to ask the engineer for a second opinion? I really feel that it may have been better to write it off?

You can question the likely cost of the hire car for the duration of the repair, making a case that the cost of the repair and of the hire car is likely to exceed the write off value of the car.