Honda Civic 2015 - diesel or petrol?

I am looking to buy a Honda Civic 2015. I am currently doing fairly short trips to work 5 days a week with my Ford Focus diesel (around 15 mins in the city area) creating all sorts of engine troubles. I am looking to choose between 1.8 i-VTEC and 1.6 i-DTEC. My question is, which engine version is most suitable for my driving nature?

Asked on 21 October 2015 by Danuka Hettiarachchi

The 1.8 i-VTEC is better for this sort of use. The 1.6 i-DTEC is an excellent engine and very economical, giving more than 60mpg on a run. The 1.8 i-VTEC will give 45-48mpg on a run, but a lot less on a life of short runs from cold. Of course, it is a lot cheaper to buy in the first place. The 1.6 i-DTEC is free annual tax; the 1.8 i-VTEC is £130pa.