All season tyres

Here I am again with another request for help. I am intending to purchase a Mazda CX-3 2.0 petrol AWD with 18-inch wheels on contract hire and have requested that they put on all- season tyres as best compromise but Mazda say that any change can affect handling - this may be true as only seem to be able to get all-season on 55 profiles or larger, not on 215R18/50 as the vehicle comes with - any advice on where I should go from here ?

Asked on 22 August 2015 by davidfulton

Their problem is that this particular car is type approved on 215/50 R18s and even though the alternative wheel and tyre size is 215/60 R16 they can't legally change that prior to the sale. However, as long as the circumference of the tyre is the same, switching to the smaller rims and deeper profile tyres won't affect the AWD system, the steering angle sensor or anything else. Tell them your order depends on the car having all season tyres and if they cannot supply it on all season tyres you will go and buy a Vitara or something else instead. Worth checking the Michelin, Goodyear, Vredestein, Bridgestone and Nokian websites to find out if that size tyre is available as al all season. Or contact www.mytyres.co.uk or www.tyrement.co.uk