Trade plates

I'm trading cars from my home and am looking at getting trade plates. I've been on the DVLA website in regards to applying. It seams they send you the tax disc but what I want to know is will they send me the actual trade plates? And will I have to get separate insurance even when displaying the plates?

Asked on 21 June 2015 by Skyejack

You don't get a tax disc for a trade licence any more. The number is simply registered as taxed (when you tax it: £165pa). My old plates are still the property of the DVLA. I assume they will send you a new set of plastic plates. Yes, you put the trade plate on your trade insurance. You cannot trade without trade insurance. I suggest Tradewise via Norton Insurance Brokers.