Breakdown services - should I leave AA and join CSMA - Britannia Rescue?

I have received my AA renewal for Roadside, Relay and Homestart. The price quoted is £195. I have negotiated this down to £159. CSMA will provide me with the same services for £97. Should I go with CSMA? I have 3 cars but am retired and between us my wife and I only do about 8,000 miles a year. I would welcome your advice please.

Asked on 26 January 2015 by belmont

Answered by Honest John
The AA, RAC and Green Flag still provide the best service and still carry our roadside repairs rather than tow a stricken car to the nearest garage. You may be able to negotiate that fee down further. These Private Equity funded outfits will try for big money but would rather get something out of you than nothing.
Similar questions
Recently my wife’s six-year old KIA Picanto would not start, so we called the AA. The patrolman who turned up diagnosed a dead battery. He said that he had a replacement in his van and would we like him...
I had a semi breakdown the other day - a wheel started to make a strange noise and the brakes felt a bit dodgy plus the car started to smoke slightly. And the brake disks and wheels got hot. At first I...
My 10 year old Smart Forfour lost its oil while driving recently. I stopped immediately and arranged for recovery to my local garage with my recovery provider. After a 10 day wait for a replacement sump...

Ask Honest John

Value my car