Breakdown services - should I leave AA and join CSMA - Britannia Rescue?

I have received my AA renewal for Roadside, Relay and Homestart. The price quoted is £195. I have negotiated this down to £159. CSMA will provide me with the same services for £97. Should I go with CSMA? I have 3 cars but am retired and between us my wife and I only do about 8,000 miles a year. I would welcome your advice please.

Asked on 26 January 2015 by belmont

The AA, RAC and Green Flag still provide the best service and still carry our roadside repairs rather than tow a stricken car to the nearest garage. You may be able to negotiate that fee down further. These Private Equity funded outfits will try for big money but would rather get something out of you than nothing.