MINI losing water - what's the fault?

My girlfriend's MINI was getting its MoT recently and the mechanic said the water pump had a slight leak. Since then the radiator reservoir needs filling every week.

The heater is also taking ages to warm up, so I assumed it was lack of water, Would the pump seem to be the problem? I'm no mechanic but just looking for ideas before I take it to garage. I can't see any major puddles under the car.

Asked on 6 November 2014 by easypeasy

This: 27-1-2013: Coolant pipe to heater matrix can gradually get worn through by part of the gearchange linkage, leading to loss of coolant and potential overheating/head gasket problems.

Is on the list here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mini/cooper-and-s-r5...d