Should we appeal our parking ticket?

My wife’s car was recently recorded as overstaying her allotted time in a car park. At the car park motorists are required to enter their registration number into the ticket machine when paying for the parking. She bought two tickets, all within the required time frames, to cover the entire stay.

On rechecking the tickets, she noticed she had recorded the registration format correctly on the first ticket, but incorrectly on the second ticket. Given the minor difference would you recommend she makes an appeal?

As an additional point, the enforcement agency has managed to misspell my wife’s name on the notice – by one character.

Asked on 30 July 2014 by Mattkn

Different rules and legalities for a council owned carpark and a privately owned carpark even though both could be enforces by the same parking enforcement outfit: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/private-parking-penalties/