Recommend a reliable, economical estate car with lots of space for music equipment?

I am looking for a estate car. I am a part-time singer and am looking for the right car for me. It needs to be a good size for my music gear, reliable, good on fuel and cost around the £5000 mark. Should I go for petrol or diesel?

Asked on 10 June 2010 by harrington

Answered by Dan Harrison
Either a Ford Mondeo or Vauxhall Vectra estate (the Vectra is HUGE) should suit your needs. You can get more details from here. If you're doing fewer than 10,000 miles a year, go for a petrol, otherwise it's worth looking out for a diesel, of which there should be plenty:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/mondeo-iii-2000/ or www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/vauxhall/vectra-c-20.../