Misfuelled my Hyundai i30 diesel with petrol - should I drain the tank?

I got distracted this morning and put just over two litres of V-Power petrol into my Hyundai i30 diesel before I realised. There was already about a quarter of a tank of diesel in the car. I stopped and filled up with V-Power diesel and it seems to be running ok. I have done about 15 miles. Will I have done any long-term damage? Do I need to drain the fuel out and start again? The car has done about 10,000 miles.

The petrol will float on top of the diesel. Keep filling up with high lubricity V-Power until the petrol disperses. This could take well over 1000 miles, but 2 litres is a small amount so you should be okay. Just never let the tank get low so the fuel pick-up sucks in petrol rather than diesel. Happily it’s now impossible to misfuel all new Fords, together with many Citroens, Hondas, and BMWs.