Car documents still show registered keeper as previous keeper - how can I change this?

Four years ago I bought a 2-month-old pre-registered Mazda 3 with seven miles on the clock from a main dealer. Obviously, it had never been driven much. I paid for the car and have the receipt. Still, after many requests to have it changed, the Mazda service documentation shows the owner as the company to whom the car was first registered. I want to sell the car and don't want to have to explain all this to any prospective buyer because the first registered keeper is a car hire firm. Apart from camping outside Mazda's HQ is there anything else I can do?

The service book would always have the name of the first registered keeper in it because that cannot be changed without changing the service book completely. Same with all service books. But your name should be on the V5C as the registered keeper. Anyway, Mazda servicing now is all recorded on a central computer, so Mazda service books are becoming a thing of the past. The fact that the car was first registered to a rental company for two months makes no difference to the value of a 4-year-old car.