Radiator Fan continues running after engine shutdown

The radiator fan continues to run indefinitely after the engine has shutdown even in winter temperatures.
Also, the batttery discharges after a period of time (This occurred even before the fan continued to run after shutdown issue).

Asked on 24 December 2013 by 28 Haywards Heath

I think the temp sensor/sender switch screwed into the water jacket of the cylinder block has stuck on. You need a new one. That's why the fans keep running and the battery drains. To find it trace back to it following the cable from the fan motors. Unfortunately it requires a socket size that not many home mechanics have. And you will lose some coolant.