Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Fiat 500 - start/stop system doesn't work

I have a new Fiat 500 with stop/start, but the system refuses to work. It has been back to the garage numerous times because the stop/start does not apply itself when it should, and when it does it does so literally for a few seconds. I drive mostly in a city and am not happy. Any idea what the fault might be?

Asked on 13 November 2013 by justjenny

You are probably not doing sufficient mileage for the engine to charge the battery sufficiently for the stop start to work effectively. I'd simply switch it off.