Unrealistic cost for unexpected MX5 repair

I have a five-year old MX-5, with less than 17,000 miles on the clock, and it is in 'perfect' condition, with full Mazda service history, and one careful lady owner. At the recent MoT, it was reported that a bolt under driver's seat had broken. Although this does not affect driveability, it's an advisory on the MoT certificate.

The paperwork recommends getting this fixed, but quotes £3,101.99 for parts alone. This seems extortionately high given the value of the car can't be much more than £6500.

Unbelievable. Something very wrong here. Take it somewhere else for an alternative quote, and if Mazda dealers all say the same thing, take it to an independent MX5 specialist.