Speed cameras - what if I ask for photos and calibration certificate?

Recently received notice of intended prosecution for travelling 39mph in a 30 zone. Am I entitled to ask for photo and a certificate of calibration of camera?

Asked on 12 July 2012 by willboy

Answered by Honest John
If you want the case to go to court, risking up to £1,000 fine and up to 6 points, yes. Otherwise plead guilty by confession and take the £60 fine or speed awareness course.
Similar questions
Some local authorities are proposing that drivers will be given penalty notices for exceeding 20mph limit by as little as one mile per hour. Does this match the level of accuracy of speedometers? I thought...
I returned home from work to a letter from a PCSO advising that my car had been recorded as travelling at 39 mph in a 30 mph area. As the car make and model was likely to have been supplied by Swansea,...
Regarding insurance and a recent letter, if one attends a speed awareness course is it technically a speeding conviction and therefore to be declared to the insurer?

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer