Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Fun second-hand diesel for commute

I need a Focus sized, fuel efficient (but with a bit of power) car for my 60 mile round trip commute on mixed roads.

I currently use a 2002 Leon Cupra 180 (66k miles) which is great but too old and relatively thirsty.

Top of the list might be a used BMW 120D, anything else seems either underpowered or inefficient in comparison. What would you suggest for less than £10k plus the Leon?

Asked on 5 April 2011 by FRAJ

A 120d isn't a bad substitute. But you should be getting 35mpg from your Cupra. I had a 2000X and I could get 35 out of it.