Does the Skoda Scala have a higher ground clearance than most other cars?

I've just received my new Skoda Scala and the ground clearance looks high. It has 17-inch wheels, yet the distance between the tyre and wheel arch looks quite big. I feel as though the car is on stilts. It's a factory order so I'm sure there's no error. But does the Scala have a larger ground clearance than most other cars?

Asked on 2 August 2021 by Paul Wallas

The Skoda Scala has a ground clearance of 149mm so only marginally more than something like a Volkswagen Golf. This is probably deliberate – Skodas are known to be comfortable rather than sporty, and an increased ground clearance would help this. You might find that the suspension settles over time.