Should I continue to have my car serviced by the dealer?

I have a 2015 Mercedes-Benz A-Class with 10,000 miles, which has been serviced at a Mercedes dealership. Would you recommend I continue dealership servicing? My service plan has expired, should I pay annually or take out another plan? Thank you.

Asked on 5 July 2021 by Valerie Anderton

A premium car like the Mercedes-Benz A-Class will always be more desirable when it is sold with a full dealer service history than one without. That said, if you plan to keep the car for the long term then you may prefer to save money and have it serviced outside of the dealer network. There are some excellent independent Mercedes-Benz specialists out there. And the quality of the work will be just as good as the dealer and a lot cheaper. The only drawback will be the fact your car may miss out on updates that are usually applied by the dealer during the annual service.