Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Can you recommend a good, 17-inch summer tyre?

Could you recommend a good all-around, summer tyre for my Honda Civic? Tyre size is 225\45\17.

Asked on 22 June 2021 by Darren Lock

I'd have a look at the Michelin Pilot 4 and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. The two I've mentioned are both very good, each with an A rating for wet grip - though they only get a C for fuel economy. As for differences, the Goodyear option is slightly quieter on the road at 70dB. A third option would be Bridgestone Turanza T005, which are a bit more performance-focussed and the noise rating is the same as the Michelins (71dB) - but they have a B rating for fuel economy. Personally, I wouldn't make a choice based just on noise levels, though, as these are tested externally so the noise you actually hear will be more affected by how well your car dampens noise inside the cabin anyway. I'd have a look on Kwiki Fit, Black Circles, ASDA Tyres etc to see where you can get the best deal.