What product should I use to clean my windscreen?

Is there any professional windscreen cleaner which will shift the grime on the windscreen and not leave smears (which domestic cleaners seem to do)? Thanks.

Asked on 27 January 2021 by ian

I'd recommend Autoglym Fast Glass. It's popular so you can find it Amazon, Halfords etc. Importantly, it's also alcohol-based - which means it won't cause discolouration to the windscreen if it's tinted, and it shouldn't damage upholstery or leather. I'd recommend applying it with a microfibre cloth, too. Don't use domestic, household glass cleaners on your car - you can damage it because they're almost all ammonia-based.
Tags: