Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks

If a petrol car will be worth nothing in 2030, should I ask for a 50% discount now?

I want to buy a new petrol car. Why would I if it is going to be worth zero in 2030? Should I ask for a 50% discount?

Asked on 27 November 2020 by Richard Calvert

It's not going to be worth zero in 2030. That's the deadline for the sale of brand new petrol cars. Used cars can still be sold. If anything, demand (and therefore prices) will increase because there won't be any new petrol cars hitting the market.