What's the best way to sell my car?

What’s the best way to (reluctantly) sell my blue, one owner, 2004, 2.2-litre Z4 with 50,000 miles and FSH in great condition.

Asked on 9 December 2020 by Andrew Lovell

To get the most accurate price, I'd have a look at used car retailers to see what examples similar to yours are going for. At the end of the day, it'll only sell for what someone is willing to pay for it - so be open to sensible offers.

You'll get more through a private sale, but it can also be a lot more hassle dealing with messages, viewings etc, so some people are willing to lose some money to sell through a dealer. An alternative would be to sell to a car buying site, the good ones will give you a valuation and then they handle the selling process. You're potentially more likely to sell successfully this way than a private sale right now due to Covid, but be prepared to be offered less than you would selling privately.