Is the old Audi A5 problematic?

I'm interested in a 2011 Audi A5 convertible. It's diesel with 67,000 miles. Is there anything that I should be aware of, or that should put me off buying this? Someone has mentioned problems with the diesel engine. Is there anything I should look into further? Any help would be greatly received.

Asked on 23 July 2020 by Miss claire

Lots of expensive problems with the old Audi A5 convertible. You can see them all here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/audi/a5-cabriolet-20.../

Important to note that the costs to service and maintain this car will always be relative to the A5's price when new (£40k) and not one that's now worth between £8000 and £10,000. Personally, this is not a car I'd recommend. But if you buy one, make sure you have lots of money in reserve for the issues that will inevitably arise.
Tags: diesels