What's the best secondhand car for lots of motorway commuting?

I'm opting out of the company car scheme so need to buy my own, secondhand preferably. I'm going to do lots of miles - over 25,000 a year - so need something big, like an SUV or Estate. My budget is up to £15,000. I'd keep for five years. What are the best options?

Asked on 13 May 2020 by Gordon Davidson

Buy a Kia Optima diesel. It's easy to drive and smooth on the motorway. The 1.6 T-GDI will return 50+mpg. It also comes with a huge seven-year/100,000 mile warranty and mid-spec models are generously equipped as standard: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/kia/optima-2016/

A budget of £15,000 will get you a 2019 model with 10/15,000 miles on the clock: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/Kia/Opti...c