If I prebook an MoT, can I drive my car to a garage on the way to the MoT for a service?

My car is SORN'd and the MoT has expired. I normally take it to my local garage who service it before taking it for an MoT at a local centre. If I prebook it with the garage and they prebook the MoT at the centre, would it be legal to drive it to the garage? The garage do not perform MoTs themselves.

Asked on 12 May 2020 by Michael Read

Sadly not. You are only entitled to drive the car to a pre-booked MoT appointment. You cannot take the car along any diversions along the way.
Tags: mot