My number plate has been cloned, how do I go about dealing with an unjust parking fine?

My numberplate has been cloned. I received a parking fine from alleging that my car was parked illegally in London on 18 March 2020. I live near Leicester and have not driven down to London since October 2019. I have CCTV on our driveway and this should prove that the car was in my drive on the alleged date. What is the best way to go about dealing with this?

Asked on 27 April 2020 by Brian

Appeal the fine and explain that you have been a victim of numberplate cloning. I would recommend supplying evidence, such as a screen grab or printout of the CCTV, that shows the car on your driveway when the parking offence happened.

Inform the DVLA and they will make it a matter of record. I would also tell your local police. Most forces will allow you to report crimes like this online. If they do not have that function call 101 and report it over the phone.