How can I prevent my car's DPF clogging while it’s limited to short journeys during the lockdown?

My 2019 Range Rover will be parked up for the duration of the coronavirus lockdown, with the exception of a weekly 3-mile supermarket trip. It’s already has DPF replaced after 312 miles. How can I prevent further clogging while it’s limited to short journeys?

Asked on 1 April 2020 by Dawn Middleton

There's not much you can do. Diesels need regular motorway journeys to clear the DPF, and we wouldn't advise that in the current situation. Use it for any necessary journeys and be sure to give it a good run once the coronavirus restrictions are lifted.