The MoT extension date isn't showing on the Gov site, so will I still be able to tax my car if the MoT lapses?

My MOT is due on 4 May and I understand I will get a 6 month extension. However, when I check the Gov website, the date hasn't been extended. If I don't get my car MOT'd by 4 May and the date hasn't been extended, how can I tax my car afterwards?

Asked on 31 March 2020 by gordon115

Your car will qualify for the automatic six month MoT extension: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/coro...k

The DVSA has told us there will likely be a short delay in the extra six months being displayed on their system. Once it's updated, you can tax your vehicle as normal: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/coro...k