Can I trickle charge a hybrid car?

You recommend trickle charging on a hybrid during self-isolation. We've got a Kia Niro, but I couldn't find visible battery terminals. Any idea where they are?

Asked on 31 March 2020 by Nick McNally

The 12V battery in the Niro is positioned under the rear seat with the hybrid battery. You can't trickle charge it - instead, if it becomes flat, you need to press (and hold) the 'battery reset' button on your dash. This will use the high voltage battery to charge the 12V battery. If you have any problems, we'd recommend contacting a Kia dealer.