Coronavirus has negatively affected my business - can I reject a new PCP because of the situation?

I have a new PCP, less than 30 days old. I got it before Covid19 had massive effects on the UK. I’m self employed and this has had huge effects on my business. Am I able to reject my car because of this?

Asked on 23 March 2020 by Craig

Unless there's a fault with the vehicle, you won't be able to reject it. The finance provider should be pragmatic about the situation so it's important to speak to them as soon as possible. You may need to sell the vehicle to pay off the remaining finance - but the car is probably worth less than the remaining payments at this stage.