How can we look after our car if we're quarantined for three months?

As we (both in our 70s) will be self isolating for three months, what is the best thing to do to look after our cars? We have a Volvo V70 D4 and a Seat Ibiza (petrol). I am always worried when it comes to keeping the battery charged, which is one of things I'm sure you will advise, as if it is disconnected I imagine everything switches off and how do you safely attach charging leads with the battery still connected?

Asked on 18 March 2020 by John Roberts

It might be an idea to buy a smart battery charger. We rate the CTEK MXS 5.0 12v battery charger and you can also order it online and have it delivered to your home: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/review-ctek-battery-c.../

Switch off the interior and exterior light(s), radio and boot light(s) before switching off the ignition - this should minimise the risk of battery drain. I would also recommend inflating the tyres to 40PSI to prevent flat spotting.