Do I need to buy a Euro6 van?

I need to acquire a van but this seems a bad time to invest in diesel vehicles. Am I better buying an older, cheaper (more polluting) medium sized van or a newer cleaner (and nicer) one ? Are both going to be worthless at the same time as emissions laws change? I'm not opposed to electric, but range and expense are prohibitive until tech matures.

Asked on 25 February 2020 by Lazy_pete

The answer to this question will be dependant on your business needs. Older Euro5 vans are a cheaper option, if you only travel to villages and small towns, but subject to expensive pollution charges like the London ULEZ: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/ulez-van-checker-will-you-ha.../

If your work regularly takes you to large towns and cities, I'd recommend buying a newer Euro6 model that will be exempt from pollution charging zones.