I got a parking ticket despite being in a marked bay - can I contest it?

I got a PCN while parking in a marked parking bay. This parking bay is along a path with a drop kerb which is what my ticket was for - obstructing a drop kerb. Is this legal as it’s a marked parking bay?

Asked on 6 February 2020 by Stuart Pike

Some parking bays are marked continuously across a dropped kerb but obstructing a dropped kerb (even partially) is not permitted, regardless of whether there's a parking bay in front of the kerb or not. It's not a well-known fact, nor does it always make much sense - but the PCN is legal as far as we're aware.