What is the Real MPG fuel economy of the Ford Focus EcoBoost?

I'm only getting 37mpg from my 2017 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost 140. That's well below any figure I've seen published by Ford. Any idea why this is the case?

Asked on 5 December 2019 by alan gemmell

It's no secret that the majority of cars on the road do not meet their official advertised fuel economy figures. The old NEDC system (which your car was tested against) has many flaws and has been replaced with a more modern WLTP test: www.honestjohn.co.uk/what-is-wltp-new-fuel-economy.../

Some readers get better economy by using branded super fuels, which might be worth trying. You can see all of the Real MPG scores for the Ford Focus here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford/focus-2014