Can you recommend a practical and good to drive PHEV?

Can you recommend a PHEV? It needs to be able to fit a full set of golf clubs and electric trolley in the back (with seats down). Range is important and budget is roughly £40,000. It needs to be nice to drive with good range and easy charging.

Asked on 26 November 2019 by starbar

I'd recommend a Tesla Model 3. Its rear seats drop 60:40 leaving plenty of room for a set of golf clubs. The current entry-level model starts at £38,500 and has a 254-mile range. You'll be able to use Tesla's Supercharging network, too, which is excellent. The Kia e-Niro is another practical choice with a range of up to 282 miles but demand is currently exceeding supply so actually getting one might prove difficult.