What's better - winter tyres or all-weather tyres?

I have purchased a 2019 Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet. As I live quite high up, the roads in winter get very icy. Would I be better buying winter tyres or all-weather tyres?

If you are prepared to swap tyres every November and every March, then high quality cold weather specific tyres will be best. But the latest all weather tyres such as Continental AllSeason Contacts are so good that there is no real need to go through the fuss of swapping tyres over twice a year. Our latest Winter Tyres Top Ten: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-winter-tyres/

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices and read our Tyre Buying Guide (bit.ly/2wsFHBU)