I'll be moving to a more rural area soon - is buying a Porsche Taycan a smart idea?

I'm downsizing my home and hope to return to my West Lancashire roots next year; somewhere rural with a garage. I fancy a Porsche Taycan - I love its looks and running costs are obviously more important than depreciation. The Turbo and Turbo S are tempting but I'll likely go for the 4S. Aside from questioning my sanity, what do you say? What options would you go for that would make it the most desirable?

Asked on 28 October 2019 by Badger

I'd say go for it, provided you buy a house with the ability to install an electric car charging point. We've not driven the Taycan yet but it's certainly one of the most desirable cars on the market at the moment. I'd suggest that metallic paint, a reversing camera, privacy glass and (perhaps) larger wheels will all help at resale time, but any Taycan will be desirable for a while yet. Good luck with your move and enjoy the car!
Tags: