Is a blue badge lock a good idea?

I have just received a blue badge for my son under the newly revised rules for awarding blue badges. I have read about blue badge theft and seen the lock based products available for them - though reviews seem patchy and they look like they wouldn't withstand much. Are they worth it, even as a visual deterrent?

We'd suggest buying a badge just for peace of mind considering thefts are on the rise. We can't assure you that it's indestructible but it might, as you say, work as a deterrent: amzn.to/2IVtqwm

It looks similar to locks used on bikes. They do sometimes get cut but they cause more hassle for thieves than leaving the bike being completely unprotected.