Should new tyres be fitted to the front or rear?

I need two tyres for a Honda Jazz ES+. It has 185/55/16 Continental Premium Contact fitted at present. What would you recommend I should consider? Should new tyres be fitted front or rear?

Michelin Cross Climate, Continental AllSeason Contact, Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons and Pirelli Scorpion Verde all-season are worth looking at. As well as being safer in winter, these tyres are more compliant so give a better ride, give better steering feel and are quieter. But in my opinion, they need to be fitted to all four wheels or the disparity between ends could have you slipping off the road in the snow.

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices and read our Tyre Buying Guide (bit.ly/2wsFHBU)