Should I be worried about the battery life in my PHEV?

My Outlander PHEV is three years old and has been an excellent car. I'm just starting to have a nag at the back of my mind about battery life and the consequent cost of replacement. Could I have your views and advice please?

The battery is under warranty for eight years/100,000 miles, so unless you've covered lots of miles I wouldn't be too concerned. Bear in mind that the batteries rarely fail, they just lose capacity over time. A Mitsubishi dealer should be able to provide a battery condition report if you're worried.