Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

A foreign registered HGV damaged my car - how do I proceed with a claim?

Today I was overtaking a lorry when it pulled out and severely damaged the passenger side of my car.vThe lorry was Romanian and I suppose I was in his blind spot. The lorry stopped, I have photographs of the damage, the lorry, the driver, his licence and his insurance form. The car is a 19-year-old Civic and the cost of repair will be greater than the value of the car. Any advice and how to proceed?

Asked on 12 August 2019 by

Answered by Tim Kelly
Claim through your own insurer, otherwise, It will be a protracted affair. This offers you the most protection and the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service should things go wrong. I would suggest using Glass Guide and Cazana to value the vehicle. Your lawful entitlement is here
Similar questions
The Freight Transport Association recently stated: “We need to see cyclists taking responsibility for their actions, obeying traffic regulations, giving space to HGVs making manoeuvres and generally riding...
I have been hit by a foreign truck. I was stuck in a traffic queue on a narrow windy road whilst a Lithuanian artic tried to squeeze down the other side of the road which wasn't suitable. An obliging...
I was hit by a Polish-registered HGV that pulled out from the inside lane of the M25 without indicating. I have dashcam footage of the approach up to the collision. My insurers tell me that I should have...

Value my car