We need a hybrid SUV to replace our family estate - what do you suggest?

Having three teenagers, one of whom plays the cello, we are looking for a replacement for our three-year-old Skoda Superb. The low down estate car has not helped my wife’s back problems and so we are looking for something with a higher driving position but a decent boot space. As it is used for lots of short journeys we would be interested in hybrid. Any suggestions?

The new Toyota RAV4 is an excellent hybrid SUV but might be a bit cramped for a family of five with a cello. If you can charge a car at home, a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV might work. Alternatively, a Skoda Kodiaq would be a good option with lots of space - but it's not available as a hybrid.