Why does the DPF light keep coming on in my car?

I have a Skoda Yeti 1.9 TDI I bought six months ago. In those six months the diesel particulate filter light has come on on three occasions - it is true that I don't do many miles and drive it like a diesel, but is it reasonable for it to come on this often or is surgery needed? It goes out when I follow the handbook advice

If you repeatedly drive short distances at low revs then you simply fill the DPF up with soot and give it no chance to passively regenerate. The best thing to do is always use Super diesel and always drive at around 2000rpm from start-up because that puts less soot into the DPF and helps the engine heat up faster.