What can I do to preserve the hood on a modern convertible?

I am considering buying a 2016 Mazda MX-5 convertible. I do not have a garage, so it will live on my drive for 365 days, although it will be used daily. What can I do to minimize the effects of rain, snow etc on the soft top and the car in general? Should I buy a coupe instead?

Asked on 7 May 2019 by Malcolm Ward

Modern convertibles cope pretty well with being left outside in all weather. There are products you can buy to help maintain it, such as Autoglym's soft top protector. That said, the Mazda MX-5 RF is a good alternative with a metal roof.