Who makes the most reliable turbo petrol engines?

Who provides the most reliable turbo petrol engine and is it true that they need an oil change every 2500 miles? Would mostly short trips and occasional long trips suit a car with turbo?

Most manufacturers are offering downsized turbocharged petrol engines now and, by and large, they're pretty reliable - although not always as economical as advertised. Oil changes every 2500 miles sounds excessive. Honda has a well-deserved reputation for reliability and its 1.0- and 1.5-litre turbocharged petrols are excellent. They'll be fine for the journeys you've mentioned.