What should I do if I leave my car parked up for several months over the winter?

I go away for a couple of months around Christmas time and will be leaving my 2013 Volkswagen Golf on the driveway. Is it good practice to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. What else should be aware of?

Asked on 18 December 2018 by Dave

Answered by Alan Ross
If your battery is in good condition, then it should be okay on your return without the need to disconnect. If however, you want to disconnect then you will need to make a note of the code for the radio. Your coolant (antifreeze) needs to be checked and would also make sure that the windscreen washer reservoir has the correct mixture level given that it's winter.