How long is it reasonable to wait for a replacement car?

My Renault Megane was damaged in a car accident in February 2018 and treated as a write off March 2018. I was advised that a like for like replacement vehicle would be delivered to me within 8 - 10 weeks. It is now approaching 20 weeks and neither the insurance company or designated car supplier are returning my emails or calls. Is this length of time for a replacement normal and what can I do about it as being car less is a major disruption for me?

The delay is likely down to the imposition of EU6d TEMP / WLTP emissions regs from 1st September 2018 and subsequently RDE emissions regs from September 2019. It has caught a lot of manufacturers out because reducing NOx tends to increase CO2 and if a manufacturer's corporate averaged CO2 exceeds 130g/km over a year the manufacturer gets fined.

Raise a complaint with the insurer and contact the Financial Ombudsman Service to complain about these time scales and the cost incurred for being carless. Advise the insurer you wish to raise a chief executive complaint. If the car is not available, it does not come as a surprise, but they should be updating you, or making alternative suggestions or arrangements.