Volvo V50 - Air conditioning - Sarnia

The local Volvo dealer has offered a free Air con inspection on my 08 V50 and suggested there might be an inherent fault. The Air con is in fact not working and I had thought to go more locally to have it repressurised. This seems to suggest that Volvo might be offering some financial assitance - anyone experience this?

Volvo V50 - Air conditioning - Falkirk Bairn

It's probably an "Air Con"

90%+ of 4/5 yr old cars can benefit from being given a re-charge i.e. it will blow colder and the draught will be felt in your wallet.

If yours does not blow cold at all there is either a leak, which needs to be fixed before re-charging, or some other fault for example the compressor.

I had both my older cars recharged at around 5/6 years old - local refrigeration chap came around in his van and charged £40 each.

The current car is 5 yrs old and it was suggested at the last service I spend £60 on a re-charge.. Volvo probably a lot more!

Volvo V50 - Air conditioning - elekie&a/c doctor

I would not expect any 4 year old car to have a faulty a/c system.There may be a known issue with the system that can be rectified Foc.

Volvo V50 - Air conditioning - S40 Man

I have an S40. I think there is a fault on the condensor on these models. I got some goo from Halfords. It had refrigerant and leak sealer in one canister. I topped it up and the aircon now works OK.

Previously I had it regassed and fast fit but it only worked for about 2 months

it was really easy to do just attach to port and squeeze the trigger with the aircon running.

Was about £15 for the adapter and £35 for the goo. Still cheaper than a recharge at Volvo or fast fit. I figured the sealant might do something useful anyway and it's lasted about 4 months so far.