citroen zx 1.9d problem - leerichmond21
when i hold my throttle in one position say on a motorway the car sometimes surdges forward with out me pressing the throttle down, it only does it in short bursts and some times going round corners can anyone plz help solve this problem,

i thort it might be my pump or injectors

from lee
citroen zx 1.9d problem - M.M
First I would look for an air ingress problem with the fuel system, also a very badly blocked fuel filter can cause similar but that's unusual on a car.

MM
citroen zx 1.9d problem - leerichmond21
where would you recommend i start looking
citroen zx 1.9d problem - M.M
Lee,

Unless you're sure the fuel filter is recent and not contaminated then I'd change that for a start. Make sure the seals are perfect when you put the filter back.

After that looking for an air leak can be a pig. Sometimes it is easier to replace a length of rubber fuel hose near to the inj pump with see-through tube so at least you have a chance of knowing when the air is there and when you've solved it.

A start is that rubber fuel hoses tend to split where they are exposed to heat or are flexed by engine movement....and on pre-formed bends.

The ones from the underbody pipes on the bulkhead behind the engine that go up to the primer bulb/return connection might be worth a look.

MM