Peugeot 307 - 307 hard to start - starfinch

my 307 has started playing up had to call rac out non start .will turn over but not start used booster pack and in the end it started and ran ok turned it off and no start again its 2 hdi rac think its fuel pressure sensor on the pump dont want to spend 140.00 for a new one to find its somthing more any ideas .

Peugeot 307 - 307 hard to start - Peter.N.

Have they read the fault codes or are they guessing? You need someone with a Lexia code reader to interrogate it for you.

Peugeot 307 - 307 hard to start - Armitage Shanks {p}

When mine wouldn't start (80k miles 04 plate) I got the AA out and he dug at the back of the engine under the shelf where the wiper spindles are moouted and found a fuel pipe with an "in line" bulb for priming the system - like the thing doc uses to pump up the blood pressure cuff. Started fine and hasn't gone wrong since. It wasn't caused by low fuel either, the tank was nearly half full

Peugeot 307 - 307 hard to start - glowplug

As PeterN said you need the codes reading, preferably with a Lexia. With the HDi engine the injectors won't even inject fuel unless a certain pressure is reached in the common rail.

Steve.