Which SUV would you suggest?

I currently drive a BMW 520d but am looking to change to an SUV. Comfort, quiet and good visibility are the most important attributes - my mileage is now 6000 miles a year so a petrol is most likely. Any suggestions?

Asked on 4 October 2018 by Childwall

Ourmoney would go on the Volvo XC40 - it's possibly the best small SUV on sale, in our opinion. The biggest issue you'll have is actually getting one - Volvo dealers are being overwhelmed by demand. There's a new Honda CR-V out which we're yet to drive but, going by its predecessor, is likely to be a reliable and competent SUV. The Volkswagen Tiguan is fine, if a little bland, while the BMW X1 is also pretty good - as is the X2. There's a new Audi Q3 on its way which might be worth waiting for - we've just driven it and were impressed (www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/audi/audi-q3-35-tf.../).